Better At Home
Funded by the Government of BC and managed by United Way of the Lower Mainland
Prince Rupert Better at Home - We're giving seniors a hand. Better at Home is a new program designed to help seniors remain independent at home.
Prince Rupert Better at Home helps seniors with simple day-to-day tasks, thereby helping seniors maintain their independence and stay connected with their community.
The program offers specific non-medical services to seniors who are:
- 60 years old or older
- Residing in Prince Rupert, BC
- Living in their own home
Prince Rupert Better at Home supports seniors living in their own homes by offering the following FREE Services for ALL seniors:
- Friendly Visiting
Fee for services determined on a sliding scale based on the individuals senior or senior couple's income:
- Grocery Shopping
- Yard Maintenance
- Light Housekeeping
- Minor Home Repairs
- Snow Removal
Pre-registration is required for all services.
Transportation is provided through the use of local commercial taxi services.
An Advisory Committee is established to guide and advise on the Prince Rupert Better at Home program development and service delivery.
We do not provide:
- Personal hygiene assistance, such as bathing and grooming (example: dressing, nails, make-up, hair coming and shaving).
- Help with medical needs or physical mobility (example: standing, walking and laying down).
- Meal preparation, and/or pet care (example: bathing, flea removal, feeding).
Are you willing to undergo criminal record checks? Are you able to commit a minimum of 3 months? Do you enjoy helping seniors and have a positive attitude?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
Some benefits of volunteering...
- Gratitude from those you help
- Joy in helping seniors remain independent
Click here for more information.